Curriculum: Years 7, 8 and 9
The exception is that there is a choice in the languages where it is necessary to maintain a degree of flexibility to take into account children’s backgrounds and to satisfy Ministry of Education Malaysia requirements for Malaysian children.
The Key Stage 3 curriculum is based mainly on the National Curriculum for England and Wales but is extended and adapted to suit all abilities and to fit the local environment.
All children will have a reasonable level of English when they join the School, but some may still need extra support lessons on a one-to-one or small group basis.
- Science (taught separately as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from Year 9 onwards)
- English (Language and Literature), English Language Support (as required)
- Languages (Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin, French)
- Humanities (History, Geography)
- Arts and Technology (Art, Design Technology, Computing)
- Performing Arts (Music, Drama)
- Physical Education (including Sport and Dance)
- Personal, Social and Health Education (including Moral Education, Islam and Islamic Studies, as required)